Multirole capability to satisfy present and future operational requirements, has been one of the priority targets of the PZL Swidnik engineers in designing the helicopter architecture.
SW-4 Puszczyk is perfectly suited for passenger transport, primary and advanced training, patrolling and surveillance. Helicopter provides the best range of operation in its class. The use of the SW-4 for training purposes by the Polish Army ensures it meets pilot training regulations and NATO standards.
Puszczyk has hydraulic powered removable dual controls, crashworthy seats and capability for day and night flights simulating IFR. Furthermore, it is compatible with NVG goggles. Emergency simulation unit allow to simulate helicopter stability and controllability in emergency situations such as: hydraulic system failuare, attitude indicator failuare, gyro-compas failuare.
The Military variant of the SW-4 can be fitted with external extension arms capable of carrying specialist role equipment up to 240 kg (529 lb)
|Max take off (int. loads)
|Max take off (ext. loads)||1 800
|Basic empty weights||1 010||kg||2,227||lb|
|Maximum continuous power||284||kW||380||shp|
|Length (rotors turning)||10,58||m||34,70||ft
|Width with skids||2,28||m||7,48||ft|
|Main rotor diameter||9,00||m||29,52||ft|
|Tail rotor diameter||1,50||m||4,92||ft|
|Fuselage ground clearance||0,57||m||1,87||ft|
|Rate of climb||7,4||m/s||1457||ft/s|
|Hovering IGE (TOP)||2 050||m||6,724||ft|
|Hovering OGE (TOP)||800||m||2,624||ft|
|Service ceiling (MCP)||4 350||m||14,272||ft|
|Max endurance||4hrs 57min|
• Engine fire extinguishing system
• Hydraulic powered removable dual controls
• Crashworthy seats
• Dual pilot instrument panel configuration and additional Com / nav equipment
• Emergency simulation unit. This feature simulates helicopter stability and controllability in emergency situations such as: hydraulic system failure, attitude indicator failure, gyro-compass failure
• Pilot training for day and night flights under simulated IFR conditions
• NVG training for day and night flights• Cabin cargo transport equipment
• Cargo sling
• Transponder (mode A/C)
• Emergency Simulation System
SW-4 can be fitted with external extension arms capable of carrying specialist role equipment up to 240 kg (529 lb).